The Hills of Time
This programme will explore and promote the natural, built and cultural heritage of the OLP area through various forms of interpretation, including on-site information boards as well as more in-depth on-line materials. The project will deliver a number of events, workshops and training opportunities, and there will be many ways for people to volunteer and learn new skills.
The Hills of Time programme also includes a number of historic building restoration and research projects.
- Ochils Orientation - Working with volunteers to research and interpret the area’s built, cultural and social past. Creation of onsite and innovative online interpretive materials.
- Ochils Festival - A festival each June – fun events, walks and discovery sessions. Something for everyone!
- Historic Kirkyards - Conservation of the historic kirkyards, including biodiversity and gravestone data-recording surveys.
- Mining and Minerals - Promotion of the industrial heritage of the Ochils area by improving paths to and interpretation at the silver mines near Alva.
- Alva Ice House - Conservation of this historic underground ice house originally part of Alva House, of which little remains. A young people’s archaeology project.